I value your privacy and the importance of safeguarding your data. As per your rights, I inform you how I collect, store, access, and otherwise process information relating to individuals. In this policy, personal data refers to any information that on its own, or in combination with other available information, can distinguish an individual.
I am committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the highest level of privacy regulation. As such, I follow the obligations under the EU's General Protection Data Regulation (GDPR).
This policy applies to this website when you interact with this applicagtion by doing any of the following:
- Make use of this application and services as an authorized user.
- Visit any page on this website that link to this privacy statement.
- Receive any communication including newsletters, emails, calls, or texts.
Purpose and legal basis for the processing of personal data
I collect and use personal data about you with your consent to provide, maintain, and develop this service and understand how to further improve it.
These purposes include:
- Building a safe and secure environment:
– to verify or authenticate your identity; and
– investigate and prevent security incidents such as breaches, attacks and hacks.
- Providing this service:
– providing, developing, and improving our products and services
– enable you to access raum\nebenan services and set up accounts.
Third party tools / data
I neither collect data from third parties nor share data with third parties. This website and all of its data is hosted in Europe (Frankfurt am Main / Germany).
Device and usage data
When you give me consent for statistics cookies I automatically collect and store information about your visit using browser cookies, or similar technology.
For the purpose of statistics I use a self hosted version of Matomo, an open source software that is GDPR compliant.
- Anonymized IP-address by removing the last 2 bytes (so 184.108.40.206 instead of 198.51.100.54)
- Pseudo-anonymized Location of the user (generated from the anonymized IP-address)
- Pseudonymized User ID (UUID)
- Date and time
- Title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (if the page allows it)
- Screen resolution
- Time in local timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Link clicks to an outside domain
- Pages generation time
- Country, region, city (low resolution based on anonymized IP-address
- Main Language of the browser
- User Agent of the browser
Registered accounts on raum\nebenan
All personal data is processed encrypted. You can delete your account at any point in time. All associated data will be immediately deleted or anonymized.
- First and last name *
- Username *
- Newsletter preferences *
- Cookie preferences *
- Last login date *
(* applies also to accounts created with Google Login)
When you provide feedback via this web application no personal data is recorded.
I may use or disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation, in connection with a request from a public or government authority, or in connection with court or tribunal proceedings, to prevent loss of life or injury, or to protect our rights or property. Where possible and practical to do so, I will tell you in advance of such disclosure.
Please set your preferences:
- Necessary cookies: keep this website reliable and secure.
- Statistics cookies: help me understand how this website is used to improve the content on this website. No data is shared with third parties.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which that data was collected and to the extent required by applicable law. When I no longer need personal data, I will remove it from the systems and / or take steps to anonymize it.
Depending on your geographical location and citizenship, your rights are subject to local data privacy regulations. These rights may include:
- Right to Access | PIPEDA, GDPR Article 15, CCPA, LGPD
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data processed about you.
- Right to Rectification | PIPEDA, GDPR Article 16, LGPD
You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal data processed about you rectified.
- Right to be Forgotten (right to erasure) | (GDPR Article 17, CCPA, LGPD
You have the right to request that I delete personal data that I process about you, except I am not obliged to do so if I need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right to Restriction of Processing | GDPR Article 18, LGPD
You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or if I no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose unless I am not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish us to delete it.
- Right to Portability | PIPEDA, GDPR Article 20, LGPD
You have the right to obtain personal data I hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal data which you have provided to us, and (b) if I am processing that data on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you or the third party that subscribes to raum\nebenan services.
- Right to Objection | GDPR Article 21, LGPD
Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. I will abide by your request unless I have compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests and rights, or if I need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
- Right Not to Be Discriminated | CCPA
You have the right not to be denied service or have an altered experience based on having executed any of your CCPA rights.
If you have consented to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge, such as where you wish to unsubscribe from marketing messages that you receive from me. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact me using the information found at the bottom of this page.
How to Exercise Your Rights
For your own privacy and security, at our discretion, I may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
I may modify this policy at any time. If I make changes to this policy then I will post an updated version of this policy on this website.
If you have a complaint about this policy or any element of your personal information that I hold then please contact me below. If you are not satisfied, then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority.
If you are based in the EEA (European Economic Area), please view this PDF for a list of local data protection authorities.
If you have created an account on this website you can delete this account at any point in time. All associated data will be automatically deleted or anonymized.
If you want to ask a question about your data privacy please reach out to me via email:
news [at] raumnebenan [dot] de
Last updated: 4 Jan 2023